Wondering how often you should have your Mercedes serviced? Take a read of our blog to find out!
How often should I service my Mercedes?
Owning a Mercedes-Benz is a big investment, so we understand your need to make running it and keeping it maintained as one of your top priorities. It can often be confusing knowing how often you should get your Mercedes serviced, but we think that there are a number of factors that affect how often you should have your car serviced.
What do I need to consider when getting my car serviced?
Many people ask, how often should a car be serviced, but it comes down to a number of things that need to be considered:
– The amount of miles you drive
– How well your Mercedes has been maintained
– The surfaces and quality of road you drive one
As a general rule, we suggest you have your Mercedes serviced every 12 months, or every 10,000 miles, whichever comes first. Every vehicle needs maintenance, so it’s important to develop a service schedule that you can stick to.
What happens during a car service?
A regular Mercedes service takes care of your car, and the wear and tear of the parts and fluids. Servicing can differ depending on your vehicle model and can involve up to 50 or more component and system checks including:
- An engine oil change
- An engine oil filter replacement
- The checking of lights, tyres, exhaust and operation of brakes and steering
- Ensuring your engine is ‘tuned’ to run in peak condition
- Checking hydraulic fluid and coolant levels
- Checking over the cooling system, from the radiator to the pumps and hoses
- Suspensions checks
- Steering alignment
- Testing battery condition
Regular servicing increases the safety, reliability and lifespan of your vehicle